TESTING > FSH & LH
FSH & LH
- Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH) & Luteinizing Hormone (LH) tests are used to determine the on-set and progress of menopause.
- At American Metabolic Laboratories we are also using this measurement for eliminating the possibility of pituitary HCG-Like (HCG-L) hormone production.
- Generally FSH level below 40 will rule out this possibility.
- FSH, LH & TSH are very similar to the HCG hormone. All four of these hormones possess identical alpha subunit chains where as the hormone specificity resides in the beta subunit.
- Values obtained with different assay methods should not be used interchangeably.